Florida Smiles Dental in Ft. Lauderdale offers cosmetic dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry is dentistry aimed at creating a positive change to your teeth and to your smile. Most think of tooth whitening or porcelain veneers, but a cosmetic dentist can provide much more.
A skilled, experienced cosmetic dentist like those at Florida Smiles Dental can help to improve your appearance, your smile, even your self-esteem, and confidence. Today, cosmetic dentistry has continued to evolve to where cosmetic dentists can address functional and esthetic patient concerns.
Cosmetic dentistry has evolved from simply replacing and restoring damaged teeth to covering a wide scope of esthetic procedures. Today’s cosmetic dentistry includes tooth whitening, bonding, tooth-colored restorations and fillings, porcelain veneers, orthodontics, dental implants, and more. You may be surprised by how dentistry has evolved and what can be done by an experienced cosmetic dentist.
Cosmetic Dentistry Treatments
Cosmetic dentistry offers many options for people who are unhappy with their smile. Cosmetic dentistry treatments currently in use include:
- Inlays/Onlays: Also known as indirect fillings, inlays and onlays made from porcelain or composite materials are a long-lasting yet cosmetic way to provide a “filling” to teeth with tooth decay or similar structural damage. Whereas dental fillings are molded into place within the mouth during a dental visit, inlays and onlays are created in a dental laboratory before being fitted and adhesively bonded into place by your dentist.
- Composite Bonding: Chipped, broken, discolored or decayed teeth may be repaired or have their appearance corrected using a procedure called composite bonding. A dental composite material with the look of enamel and dentin is applied into the cavity or onto the surface of a tooth, where it is then sculpted into shape, contoured and hardened with a high-intensity light. The result is a restoration that blends invisibly with the remainder of the surrounding tooth structure and the rest of your natural teeth to create a healthy, bright smile.
- Teeth Whitening: Teeth are often stained from smoking, food, drink (coffee, tea or red wine) or poor oral hygiene. Bleaching the teeth can enhance the appearance of your smile.
- Dental Veneers: Composite or porcelain laminates that are adhesively bonded to the surface of a tooth to correct and repair chips and cracks will improve a worn appearance or severe tooth discoloration. Veneers may also be recommended if you have gaps in your teeth or if you have not had success with teeth whitening.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are artificial tooth root replacements that are used as a part of prosthetic dentistry in order to compensate for tooth loss. Often the result is not only an enhanced smile, but also a more youthful appearance, since missing teeth cause the face to collapse, making you look older.
- Full mouth reconstruction: While consulting with you about a smile makeover to primarily improve the esthetic appearance of your smile, the dentists at Florida Smiles Dental may discover that there is a need to provide necessary treatment to correct functional problems with your bite, muscles, teeth and bone structure. If you need full mouth reconstruction, the materials available today make it possible to provide you with durable, functional and clinically sound treatments that also look natural.
Florida Smiles Dental in Ft. Lauderdale can improve your smile!
If you’d like to find out more about cosmetic dentistry in Ft. Lauderdale, contact Florida Smiles Dental today. We are conveniently located at 255 SE 14th Street #1a, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33316. Call us today at (954) 523-6525 to schedule an appointment.